Stop the “Twindemic”: Get your flu shot!
Hopewell Borough Drive-Through Clinic Sat. Oct. 10
9AM to 11AM at Hopewell Train Station
All flu vaccination clinics will be by appointment only for your safety and ours.
Public Health officials are getting ready for a surge in respiratory illnesses this fall. Officials worry that a “second wave” of COVID infections could strike at the same time as seasonal influenza, resulting in a “twindemic” that could push the health care system to the breaking point. Montgomery Township Health Department and Hopewell Borough Board of Health encourage everyone to get their annual flu shots as soon as the flu vaccine is available.
“We are anticipating a surge in demand for flu shots this season,” says Health Officer Stephanie Carey. “At the same time, we are re-designing the way we operate our flu clinics, to implement social distancing and prevent crowding.” Enhanced safety measures include:
- All vaccinations will be provided by appointment only. Appointments for the October 10 clinic can be made by emailing email@example.com, by calling 908-359-8211 x2227 or on the Health Department website https://health.montgomery.nj.us/flu/
- Consent forms are posted on the borough website https://hopewellboro-nj.us or the Health Department Website, https://health.montgomery.nj.us/. Please print and complete this form and bring it to the clinic
- Appointments will be spaced to allow for social distancing, and to allow nurses extra time to disinfect between patients.
“We are having to re-work our whole model of how we deliver vaccines, quickly, safely, and to a large population,” said Carey. “In addition to protecting our community from the flu right now, this fall’s clinics give us the chance to better prepare for the future when a COVID vaccine becomes available.”
Safety Rules for Drive-Through Clinics
- Masks are mandatory. No mask, no shot
- Appointments are mandatory. No appointment, no shot.
- Wear short sleeves
- Minimum age 10+
- Maximum 4 people (all masked) per vehicle
- Each person must be seated next to an openable window
- Please print your consent form at home and complete before going to the clinic.
- Free to Medicare
- Free to borough residents who have lost their jobs, their insurance, or their income due to the pandemic
- Free to first responders and their households (with ID)
- $25 to all others (We will provide receipts for you to request reimbursement/cafeteria plan but cannot process these claims)