LEAF COLLECTION (October through March, weather permitting)
Residents are reminded to rake leaves into piles between the sidewalk and the curb. Public Works crews will NOT pick up leaves mixed with twigs, sticks, stones or brush. Do not park cars on or in front of leaf piles; it creates a fire hazard and makes it impossible to pick up the leaves. Please note: leaves and brush piles should be kept separate.
BRUSH COLLECTION (Mondays, January through October)
Revised Schedule beginning 2006: Crews will now be collecting brush in the western half of the Borough on the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month; this is the area of the Borough WEST of Greenwood Avenue. On the 2nd and 4th weeks of the month, areas on Greenwood and EAST of Greenwood will be picked up. (There is no brush pickup during the 5th week in the months that have them.)
In order to keep our town clean, residents are asked not to put their brush and yard waste out to the street until their schduled pickup dates. Please be sure brush is placed between the curb and the sidewalk. Do not block sidewalks or streets. There is no collection in November and December in order that the department may concentrate on leaf removal.
1. Brush must be neatly stacked on the property between the sidewalk and the curb with all butts facing in the direction of traffic. Do not place in the street or gutter.
2. Limbs must be 8″ or less in diameter. Do not cut limbs into short pieces.
3. Thorny vegetation, vines and brush must be tied with string, not wire, in bundles no more than 12″ in diameter. Remove any roots that are attached.
4. Small twigs, clippings, etc., can be placed in yard waste bags. No plastic bags will be picked up. Yard waste bags are available at the Public Works Department. Call 466-0168 for availability.
5. No lumber, fence, building scraps, wire, nails, metal of any kind, or stones.
NOTE: THERE IS NO PICKUP OF GRASS CLIPPINGS
Christmas trees will be picked up in January. Please be sure all ornaments, nails, wire and lights have been removed. Wreaths and garlands are to be placed with regular trash pick-up.
The Public Works crews reserve the right to refuse to pick up brush for any reason that could harm the equipment or personnel or if the brush is not stacked properly.
The Public Works Department will NOT remove trees. Please make arrangements with an independent tree service for complete removal.